You are in: Home › Articles › Adults with Incapacity › Guardianship

young man laughing

A Guardianship Order may be needed where:

  1. Someone has never been able to make their own decisions; or
  2. Someone has lost the ability to make decisions but hasn’t previously granted a Power of Attorney.

Orders can be granted to authorise somebody to be responsible for property, finances and matters relating to the adult’s welfare. Joint or Substitute Guardians can also be appointed.

An application has to be made to the Sheriff Court (it’s nowhere near as daunting as it sounds though!). The application is based on the powers you are likely to use.  We will talk through your circumstances and make sure you have all the powers you need. 

We are registered to carry out work under Legal Aid.

Contact us for an informal chat or to arrange an appointment. 


'Really pleasant, professional people to do business with'

Google review